Shoulder Pain Sarasota Pain Relief by Bretz Chiropractic
Shoulder pain is very common and there are many causes of shoulder pain. Shoulder Pain Sarasota Pain Relief by Bretz Chiropractic will make an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be directed at the cause. However your shoulder pain has some likely causes which may include:
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: The most common diagnosis in patients with shoulder pain is bursitis or tendonitis of the rotator cuff.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: Rotator cuff tears occur when the tendons of the rotator cuff separate from the bone. Surgery is sometimes necessary for this condition.
- Frozen Shoulder: Also called 'adhesive capsuliitis,' this is a common condition that leads to stiffness of the joint. Physical therapy and stretching are extremely important aspects of treatment.
- Calcific Tendonitis: Calcific tendonitis is a condition of calcium deposits within a tendon -- most commonly within the rotator cuff tendons. Treatment of calcific tendonitis depends on the extent of symptoms.
- Shoulder Instability: Instability is a problem that causes a loose joint. Instability can be caused by a traumatic injury (dislocation), or may be a developed condition.
- Shoulder Dislocation: A dislocation is an injury that occurs when the top of the arm bone becomes disconnected from the scapula.
- Shoulder Separation: Also called an AC separation, these injuries are the result of a disruption of the acromioclavicular joint. This is a very different injury from a dislocation!
- Labral Tear: There are several patterns of a torn labrum and the type of treatment depends on the specific injury.
- SLAP Lesion: The SLAP lesion is also a type of labral tear. The most common cause is a fall onto an outstretched hand.
- Arthritis: Shoulder arthritis is less common than knee and hip arthritis, but when severe may require a joint replacement surgery.
- Biceps Tendon Rupture: A proximal biceps tendon rupture occurs when the tendon of the biceps muscle ruptures near the joint.
When call Shoulder Pain Sarasota Pain Relief by Bretz Chiropractic?
At Bretz Chiropractic we will make an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be directed at the cause. Some signs that you should schedule an appointment your Shoulder Pain Sarasota Specialist would include:
- Inability to carry objects or use the arm
- Injury that causes deformity of the joint
- Shoulder pain that occurs at night or while resting
- Shoulder pain that persists beyond a few days
- Inability to raise the arm
- Swelling or significant bruising around the joint or arm
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth
- Any other unusual symptoms
Source content inspired by our friends at about.com which can be found at http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/shouldersurgery/a/shoulderpain.htm